Providing Insight And Experience.
Albert G. Allen, III
- Civil Litigation
- Business and Corporate Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
Albert G. Allen, III "Gil" began his legal career in 2014 as the law clerk to the Hon. S. James Sarbanes of the Circuit Court for Wicomico County. After completing his clerkship, he entered private practice with the firm of Allen & Allen, Chtd. in Salisbury.
Gil's practice is focused on civil litigation, corporate and business litigation, appellate litigation, real property litigation, commercial transactions, and estate planning. He has represented individuals and businesses in state and federal trial courts, the Appellate Court of Maryland, and the Supreme Court of Maryland.
In addition to Gil's legal experience, he has been active in community affairs and Bar Association leadership. Gil has served as President of the Wicomico County Bar Association and on the Board of Governors of the Maryland State Bar Association. Gil is a past-president of the Rotary Club of Wicomico County, a Trustee of The Salisbury School, and has served on the Board of Directors of numerous non-profits.
Gil has been appointed by political and community leaders to several important governmental committees and commissions. These appointments include serving as Chairman of the City of Salisbury Board of Zoning Appeals and as a member of the City of Salisbury Elected Officials Salary Review Committee.
Gil has been recognized for his service to the community and the legal profession by having received the 2022 Edward F. Shea Jr. Professionalism Award presented by the Maryland Bar Foundation, the 2020 Leadership in Law Award presented by The Daily Record, and the 2020 Rotarian of the Year Award presented by the Rotary Club of Wicomico County.
- The College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, Williamsburg, Virginia
- J.D. - 2014
- University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia
- B.A. - 2010
- Maryland, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2018
- The Maryland State Bar Association, Board of Governors, 2021 to Present
- The Maryland State Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- The Maryland Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2019
- Wicomico County Bar Association, President, 2019
- Wicomico County Bar Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- C&B Construction, Inc. v. Jeffrey Dashiell, et. al., 460 Md. 272 , 2018
- Nathans Associates v. The Mayor and City Council of Ocean City, 239 Md. App. 638, 2018
- Club House, LLC v. Todd Cushman, et. al., 2017 WL2464430, 2017
- Edward F. Shea Jr. Professionalism Award, The Maryland Bar Foundation, 2022
- Leadership in Law Award, The Daily Record, 2020
- Rotarian of the Year, The Rotary Club of Wicomico County, 2020